Friday, August 5, 2011

Name that Flower

I'm writing this post to ask for help. I first experienced this flower in Giverney at Monet's garden. All of the gardeners were examining it to try to figure out what it was. Then, about a year after I moved in to my house, my neighbor had an unmarked package of wildflowers and scattered them beside my house. Lo and behold, it was the Giverney flower.

The flower is a self-seeding annual that flowers now until the frost. It grow to 3 to 4 feet tall. The flowers are orange speckled, trumpet shaped with a curve at the end and only about 1/2 inch long. Hummingbirds are really attracted to it.

I really love it and would love to know what Monet and I have growing in our gardens. Perhaps you know?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

Bethe77 said...

They are beautiful! But.... sorry I cannot help tell you what they are.
I will be excited to hear myself they are so pretty.
Blessings

Related Posts with Thumbnails