Thursday, May 26, 2011

Shabby Apple: Gorgeous Dresses built to Flatter

In the midst of all of the craziness of last week, I received a package that I was SO excited to get. I have been a fan of Shabby Apple for a long time and often find myself window shopping on their website, oohing and aahing over their dresses. Shabby Apple is an online clothing shop specializing in vintage inspired dresses that cover in all of the right places while being chic and flattering. There is no need for camis, safety pins, or stretch shorts to maintain modesty; these dresses are made to hide what needs to be hidden while maintaining style and sexiness. It goes without saying that when I was contacted about reviewing one of their dresses I jumped.

Photobucket

One thing I love about the website is their Fit To Flatter tool which analyzes your figure and selects dresses which would flatter it. After answering a few questions I was given a large list of dresses to choose from, all of which I loved.

I decided on the “Frida K”. I have been eying it for a while, and was excited when it was one of my figure-flattering suggestions. Let me start by saying that the quality of this dress is superb. Anywhere that there is the remote possibility that a seam would show there is a French seam. The material is high quality and durable. This is a dress that is built to last.

Photobucket

And the fit! Va-va-voom!!! I am a Reubenesque woman who is quite busty and usually wear a size 16 or a XL. The dress was described as fitting loosely; I ordered a L. It fit in all of the right places better than any dress I have tried on in a long time. I was instantly transformed into the minxy Christina Hendrix version of myself, ready to take on Dan Draper and then attend the swank cocktail party after church. This dress is appropriate for work, dressy occasions, dates, and is modest enough to wear to weddings, church, etc. It would be difficult to dress down (although Shabby Apple offers plenty of dresses that fit into this category, too, as well as a great selection of aprons, swim suits, athletic wear, and accessories).

Photobucket
This gorgeous number ("Antiquated") is lace lined with stretch acetate.

I wore the “Frida K” to the funeral showing and I can't tell you how many compliments I got. I even caught a group of well dressed high school girls dissecting what I was wearing (accessories were my mom's vintage star burst broach and a pair of black pointy kitten heels) and received a big thumbs up. A dress that can take you from a funeral to cocktails to a hot date is a rare find, but the “Frida K” has it all. When I return to work, I fully intend to buy a large portion of my wardrobe from Shabby Apple. The prices are right, the styles are timeless, the quality superb.

Photobucket
The "Truman" is stylish, sophisticated, and easy to wear

Right now Shabby Apple is offering a 10% discount to Dropped Stitches readers. Shop from the site and at checkout enter code “droppedstitches10off“. Offer good through 6/26/11.

4 comments:

Car Title Loans said...

I absolutely love the "Antiquated" dress. It's beautiful, yet structured and classy. I'm looking for new office wear, and definitely am more attracted to the "vintage" style than other clothes, so thanks for the site recommendation!

Sara

Wende said...

I love Shabby Apple!! (I know, profound! But it's all I've got after a day of garage sales with my 14 year old).

Therapist New York said...

Oh wow I've never hard of Shabby Apple, but I love vintage dresses. They opened up a Bettie Page store by my friends' work last year and I LOVE the dresses there. I'd rather dress classy than trashy.

-June

Discount Furniture Santa Monica said...

Thank you for introducing me to shabbyapple.com. Really like the fit to flatter tool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails