Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowy Ramblings - Cause The Snow is Everywhere!

It has been snowing here. And snowing and snowing and snowing and snowing. Our town was featured on the Columbus, OH news the other night as being one of the Central Ohio towns that has gotten the most snowfall. According to the newscast, our snowfall last year to date was 15 inches, we've gotten 30. And today, we are getting up to 10 inches more.

When you look out the window, it is blinding white. There is no time for the snow to get black and ugly because the old snow just keeps getting covered with new. So it looks pristine. And I would imagine, a little like Alaska. Or at least Wisconsin.

Photobucket

We were snowed in for two days - I was able to shovel out to the cars, but the cars didn't cooperate when we tried to get them out of the driveway, and our main car also had somehow sustained a flat tire during the first snow storm. We were forced to get the cars out, come hell or high water, yesterday as the kids had school and needed a way to get there. It's funny, we have a house full of food, but when you are snowed in you start to wonder what you are going to do when the food runs out. Silly, I know. But I don't want us to resort to The Donner Party's menu!

Photobucket

We didn't get mail on Saturday - the mail carrier couldn't get down our street. The library was closed today, along with almost everything else in town (well, except the Mexican Resteraunt and Starbucks - they are ALWAYS open).

So I'm just rambling. I've been keeping bust by repairing some holes in my husband's friends baby blanket - it's become threadbare in some spots and the guy that owns it is so attached that he has been calling and checking on it. Also working on the lace, unraveling some sweaters, and doing lots of shoveling, which I will not miss AT ALL in the summer!

Photobucket

So how's the weather where you are? Any of you in the Carribean who would like to switch places with me are MORE than welcome! I need some Vitamin D and some sand between my toes!

6 comments:

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

We have close to three feet in PA and its still snowing...not supposed to sto till midnight tonight. Im loving it though. I like being stuck at home and the kids are having a blast in it.

:)Lisa

Stacy said...

That's funny that Starbucks is always open no matter what. I wonder how they manage that. I'm in California and we don't get snow, but it's been cool and rainy for weeks.

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Nothing very exciting here at the moment. Cloudy and low 50s... Enjoy your pristine white snow.

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Oh dear, snow, we don't get much of that here in the south of France, although it snowed for 5-10 mins when I walked down the champs elysees last week - magic!

Erin Wallace said...

Snow while walking down the Champs Elysees sounds too beautiful to imagine!

Maiden Jane said...

Amazingly, Cleveland was spared the big snows.

Related Posts with Thumbnails