Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quickie

Quickie

So this will be a quick blog post. I have been working - it seems endlessly - on this yard sale (which we didn't end up having, has been rescheduled for next week. It is 40 degrees and raining and a chance of snow tomorrow. But next week a warm front comes through and it's supposed to be in the 60's. People showed up in the driving rain knocking on our door trying to figure out why there weren't things for sale in the yard. People are crazy.). There is also Howard Knits - I got my first sale!!! Woohoo!! I sold bunches of skeins of pink and white angora blends. Super yummy soft yarn. I hope it's new owner loves it. And I have more yarn to post - another angora blend, lace weight cotton, a natural, undyed wool, and a lovely tweedy grey wool.



Photobucket
Pile of yarn awaiting posting

The thing that has been driving me crazy this week, and this is since I heard a car commercial with a husky voiced woman singing "Under the Milkyway" by The Church, is, "Why doesn't anyone write jingles anymore?" Then a Chili's commercial with the most annoying jingle in the world came on - you know what I'm talking about - "I want my babyback, babyback, babyback . . ." Where are the creative geniuses behind "I Wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner" and "I'd Like to buy the World a Coke" (o.k. - that one was Barry Manilow - YES, it was!! But you know what I'm getting at)? Our kids are going to grow up thinking Rush songs were written for UPS (or whatever they use that song for - I don't pay much attention to the t.v. Can you tell?) I don't know. The lack of creativity has been nagging me.

Well, that's all, kiddies. Until next time . . .

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Congrats on your first sale! You must be so proud! Congratulations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails